Sunday 20 May 2012

Reaching the end of year 2...what next?

Friday 11th May marked the deadline of year 2. That week was highly stressful, cramming in hours of work to desperately try and finish projects to be as complete as possible, plus preparation of a mock-up portfolio and blog presentation for the rest of my class.

I know that some of my work was incomplete, but I did the best I could in the time I had, and I feel that the most important thing is that I'm proud of where my work is going and how far I've come. I've developed what I think is my 'visual language'. I have a vague template in my head of how I approach work now, which is a combination of my natural instinct to make, and my love of drawing.

The start of the summer break hasn't been a lazy period either. Last Friday I went back to Manchester for my assessment tutorial and to discuss what I will be doing for my summer project (which is-very exciting-a self-written brief). I also met with my critical studies tutor to talk about what I intend to research for my dissertation, and to get presentation and essay marks back. I was pleasantly surprised with my good results, and am now well into my research into interpreting dreams-something which is applicable to my chosen summer project and my dissertation.

Onward and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment